Friday, December 14, 2007

Rave - More not made in China

Today I took a spin to Top Ten Toys here in Seattle. I wanted to see if I could find something for Baby Girl for Christmas. So far the only thing I had was my Vinyl Baby Doll made in France for her. Making your way around a toy store is not easy when one has a 16 month old in a stroller when all she wants to do is get out. After making my way around the store once I reluctantly let her out of the stroller.

While she was looking at the toy cars I was checking out the magnetic letters. She loves to play with the magnets on our fridge and I thought it might be a good stocking stuffer for her. But I could not find letter that were not made in China. But I did notice a display stand with magnetic play sets. They are called "Create a Scene" by Smethport and they are MADE IN USA. Some of the playsets they had were, Rainforest, Africian Adventure, Pirate Adventure, Doll House, Bugs & Farm. There were others but I can't remember them right now.



The ages are for 3+ but I thought since she likes our magnets so much as long as we play with it together it shouldn't be a problem.

Doing a quick search I found a few places that sell this toy.
Super Dairy Boy
Farm Goods For Kids


I also found another baby doll not made in China. It is the Diana Collection from The Doll Factory. Top Ten Toys had a white, black and asian baby doll. I did not get the chance to really look this doll over but from looking at their web site it looks like the babies are anatomically-correct. I called the number listed on their website and the woman told me that all of their anatomically-correct dolls are made in Spain. But before you buy check for yourself.

No comments: