Friday, September 07, 2007

Rave - Seattle Sewers Rejoice!!

Yesterday I was in Ballard for a Meetup at Golden Gardens. As I was heading home I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I turned the car around to see if what I saw was true. And it was! A new quilt store, with much excitement I parked the car and proceeded in with Baby Girl in tow.

The store is called The Quilting Loft and their fabrics and displays are yummy. They have fabrics from:
Alexander Henry
Amy Butler
Andover
Bali Batiks
Benartex
Clothworks
Free Spirit
Hoffman
In the Beginning
Kaffe
Michael Miller
Moda
Northcott
Red Rooster
Robert Kaufman
South Sea Imports
Timeless Treasures
Windham
Asian, floral, retro, geometric, flannel, batiks, novelty, Halloween & Christmas are just some of what I saw.

They also offer Long Arm Machine Quilting, Classes, Club, Kits, Books and Patterns. There were a number of Amy Butler patterns which is a favorite of mine. They opened in March of this year and are slowly growing with customer sales. Back in March I Ranted about our lack of Fabric Stores in Washington (mainly Seattle). I wished someone would open a Fabric Store because with the closing of In The Beginning all we had left was Pacific Fabrics, Undercover Quilts in Pike Place, which is not easy to get to, and JoAnn in Shoreline.

After going through the store twice I purchased some flannel to make a blanket to keep in the car for emergencies and as a picnic blanket. Baby Girl seemed to like my selection.

Please visit this store as good quality and unique Fabric Stores are slowly disappearing. Now if only someone would open a store with Swiss Batiste, Lawns, tatting, baby cord, smocking supplies.......

No comments: