Friday, September 14, 2007

Rant - Woodland Park Zoo

Today Baby Girl and I went to Woodland Park Zoo to get some fresh air and see some animals. It was kind of an overcast day so I didn't think there would be many people there, boy was I wrong. Parking was almost full but we found a spot and made our way in. Oh and someone had a dog locked in their red Hummer in the parking lot.

Anyway, we were making our way around the exhibits but other moms/dads/nannys/caregivers with their strollers and wagons full of kids would get in the way. I'm not talking about going slow I'm talking about blocking the paths so you have to come to a complete halt. It actually started to get quite annoying.

Last time Hubby, Baby Girl and I went to the Zoo we didn't see the elephants. Elephants are my favorite animal and I have a hard time seeing them confined. But this time we made our way and it was sad. They were in their barn and it just looked too small. The zoo must have complaints cause I saw a number of signs showing just how much room the elephants have for their exhibit. The problem is it's not all that much room. I've already blogged about this, but I just had to mention it again.

We were there for about an hour and a half and I think Baby Girl enjoyed herself. I was a little depressed about the animals but I know zoos do good things, so I'll leave it at that.

No comments: