Thursday, February 14, 2008

Rant - Lowes Paints

In our bedroom we decided to have it like walking into a Bamboo Forest. I am a huge Martha Stewart fan so I wanted to check out her new paint colors at Lowes. We found two greens we liked, Kyoto Green for the walls and Green Hellebore for the ceiling. Before I start in on the Rant I will tell you a good thing. At Lowes you can get a sample of the paint color in a smaller can than the usual pint. Now on to the rant. The paints smelled horrible. I had a headache within minutes and both my husband and I needed to wear our respirators. And the paints didn't go on as smooth as the Behr nor do they look as nice now that the walls and ceiling are done. We both agree that next time we paint if we pick a color at Lowes we will go to Home Depot and have them mix it up with Behr paints.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you like Hellebores especially those with Green flowers - You have to see the Heronswood Nursery collection which includes Helleborus x hybridus 'Phoenix'. Masses of olive green flowers with a burgandy margin bloom in early March.