Saturday, October 13, 2007

Rave - Pumpkins everywhere

I see Pumpkins! Pumpkins are everywhere! I have already collected 2 Jack-o-Lantern types, 3 sugar pie, 5 Wee-B-Little and 3 artificial pumpkins! Last year only my husband carved a pumpkin, with the baby being only 2 months I was too tired to do any. But this year I will be pulling out my patterns and pumpkin carving tools and making my own Jack-o-Lantern.

For a number of years I have been collecting Pumpkin Masters templates and have quite a few now, which comes in handy since we have a Pumpkin Carving Party for our friends with kids. Growing up with the mother I have we were not allowed to carve our pumpkins. My mother was and is a complete worry wart. You know don't play with knives, don't walk and eat at the same time, stay away from the stove it's hot. To this day I have a hard time cooking anything in the oven. Back to the pumpkins. Since my mom wouldn't let us carve them we painted our pumpkins instead.


Here I am with my sister and our masterpieces. Yes nothing says Halloween like a painted pumpkin!

I think that may be why I'm such a collector of pumpkin carving patterns now. You know depriving someone of something makes them want it more. Some may think it is a sickness but I've met many like me.

Here is a list of some favorite Halloween sites.

Jammin Pumpkins-Free & members only cut-out pumpkin pattern site
Zombie Pumpkins-Free & members only cut-out pumpkin patterns and forum
The Pumpkin Wizard-Free & members only shaded patterns and forum (if you are looking for a specific pattern the members on this forum will know if one exists. Many members create their own and share with other members)
Masterpiece Pumpkins-Sell their own patterns
SpookMaster Pumpkins-Free & members only patterns
Stoneykins-Free & members shaded patterns
Fantasy Pumpkins-Great ideas

Be sure to get yourself a pumpkin or two or three!

No comments: