Thursday, August 16, 2007

Rant - I live in the United States of AMERICA

In my mail today was an envelope from Target with some foreign language on it. When I opened it inside were coupons all printed in what I assume is Spanish.
When did I move to Mexico? Last I checked my address was Seattle, Washington which is in the United States of America where we speak english! I am not against people moving here but you must learn our language. My grandparents came from Poland and guess what....they learned to speak English. My husbands parents came from Latvia and guess what....learned to speak English. And just because my last name sounds Spanish why are you assuming I can't speak English?!?

1 comment:

JAM said...

On my way to work (Melbourne/Palm Bay, Florida) yesterday, I was next to what seemed to be a moving business's van next to me in line at a traffic light.

Every word on the entire moving van was in Spanish. The only thing I could read were the telephone numbers. That's no big deal, if that's the business group he's shooting for, but the 98% of folks around here who only speak English would never call them for work.