Sunday, March 11, 2007

Rant - Government officials

This is a big RANT! I elect politicians to make the tough decisions that need to be made in regards to my City, State and Country. What I don't like are these same politicians who don't want to make decisions, instead let's ask the people, which is usually by polls or in the case of our dreaded highway 99 that needs to be 'fixed' through downtown Seattle, let's have a special election and ask the people what they think. Yes let's throw more money at the problem. That's why you are in office. Make a decision!!!!

Well let me tell you what I think. Both options are costly and I can't say I like them. We have earthquakes, granted not as bad as California, but I don't want to be on an elevated structure with a celing on concrete and cars above me when the "big one" hits. And I don't want to be in a tunnel that is so close to the ocean either. Now granted the "big one" might never come but I for one don't want to risk it.

What about buying up the property and building a highway at street level. That might be cheaper than another viaduct or tunnel.... think about it.

No comments: