Sunday, March 25, 2007

Rant - Government employees

Today I had to call our City Utilities to discuss a problem with our garbage bill. A few months ago my husband called them to add a garbage can to our pickup. We have a new baby and 2 cats with diabetes so our garbage has grown a little. He though adding a mini can to our service would do the trick, so one was ordered.
Cut to 2 months later and we notice our regular garbage can has been removed from our bill. We call and the person my husband talks to tells us a residential house can not have a regular garbage can AND a mini can. So they dropped our regular 32 gallon can. WHAT?!? So on Friday I call to try to find out what to do, because now they are charging the garbage in our 32 gallon can as EXTRA bags.
Well the guy I was talking to kept telling me you can not have a 32 gallon AND a mini can, that the technician changed our level of service. I told him I understand that NOW but when we called to ADD a can we were not told this. So to make a long story short I have to wait till my next bill to see how much extra garbage they re charging us.
Oh and it would have been nice to have an I'm sorry about this confusion, what can we do to make this right........but that is wishful thinking.....

No comments: