Saturday, December 13, 2008

Rave - Snowflake Lane in Bellevue Square

If you live in the Seattle/Bellevue area you have to go check out Snowflake Lane at Bellevue Square, it is fabulous fun for the whole family. It starts around 6:45 every night from now till Christmas Eve along the sidewalks of Bellevue Way and NE 8th at The Bellevue Collection. Rudolph, polar bears, Snow Princesses and toy soldiers on stilts walk around and give out lolly pops to the young and young at heart. Then at 7:00 out come the toy soldier drummers. Along both sides of the street on the side walk are drum platforms that the drummers stand on and drum to Christmas music. And the finale....snowfall. Yes you heard me, no matter what the weather it always snows on Snowflake Lane. It is a hoot!!

I found out about it because one of my nephews is one of the drummers this year. We ventured out to see him last weekend and had no idea how popular this was. I soon realized that my 747 sized stroller was not the thing to have as the people kept coming. My husband took baby girl to see if he could find his sister in law, he never found them but he did find one of the drummers.

No comments: